iPad Screen cleaning fluids

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Feb 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Is it safe to use screen cleaning fluids on other parts of ipad or iPhone like the back or sides?

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

4. ZuneMan?, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

macrumors regular

5. macrumors G5

Macman45

A slightly dampened micro-fibre coth is all I have ever used on my Ipad's, iphones and my Macs. No chemicals of any kind. This is even more important with touchscreen products as they have an oleophobic coating. Using chemical compounds can remove this, causing damage. There is no need to clean the alloy back with anything else either.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

But can the alloy back be damaged by such fluids do you think even though many of these fluids say they can be used on iPads.

7. macrumors member

I use "Spectacle cleaning tissues" for both front and rear. They are soaked in some kind of cleaning fluid which doesn't leave any smearing and dries off in about 10 seconds. Excellent stuff and highly recommended.

8. macrumors 604

mcdj

Have you tried water? Sounds crazy, I know.

9. Oui, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

Oui
    macrumors 6502

It's perfectly fine. On the screen or otherwise.
    I use the stuff apple sells and recommends, funny that it contains alcohol
    It has not damaged a thing.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA251ZM/A/bausch-lomb-home-and-office-cleaning-kit-6-oz
    Also LensCrafters eye glass care stuff works great as does omnicleanz by RadTech. I think the cloth is the most important it needs to be soft and fine woven so that it doesn't collect dust and scratch.

10. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't, but if you want to, its your iPad. I don't mean to sound coy but, I'd just use a damp cloth.

Personally, I have ghost armor on my iPad (front and back) to protect it and that way I'm not too concerned.

11. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

I used micro fibre cloth to clean screen glass and warm water to clean on the back of iPad and iPhone once every 2 or 3 months. :apple: