Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocktailmunky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Ocala, FL
I just got my new "refurbished" Macbook Air Rev. B from Apple today via fedex and I think I have a problem or I'm seeing things. It seems as though when I sit it on an angle like kinda in my lap but kinda tilted laying on bed it seems to dim down on it's own. The power cord doesn't have a loose connection, and in preferences I have it set to not dim down ever! So what is causing my display to dim down? (also I always have the power cord plugged in). :confused::mad:

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
It is a setting. Go into the System Preferences. Select the energy saver lightbulb and deselect "Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep."

It's a power management setting. If you lengthen how long before the display goes to sleep, it will make it wait longer. I think the default is not very long.

bobdard

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2008
If you've already set it to never dim, then go into System Preferences, Displays, and uncheck the box that says adjust brightness based on room ambience or w/e it is. It's likely that when you put it on an angle, the display shadows the sensor, causing it to dim down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.