Screen Freeze. First time.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iceclaw, Mar 20, 2009.

1. macrumors member

So I just on twitter and all the sudden the screen freezes. I try to get it to the home screen but that didn't work. I tried to turn it completely off and it brought up the option to turn off or cancel and then I couldn't do anything. It doesn't even go into sleep.

I think I need to restart it but I am not sure how. I can't find the instruction booklet so yeah.

Please, and thanks!

2. macrumors 6502

Austin2048

press and hold the home and sleep buttons till it turns off. that will force shut it down but its not good for your iPod so dont do it too much

3. macrumors 68040

You have to press and hold both buttons for about 10 seconds. He's right on that. How is it bad for your ipod? (it's not)

4. macrumors 6502

Austin2048

well when my iPod froze on me when i was at my friends house i didnt know what to do and he told me to press and hold the home and sleep buttons and he said it was bad to do that to your iPod

5. macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'm sorry but...that just makes no sense. Why would Apple deliberately put in a function that will damage their devices if it's used? All it does is reset the software, which cannot damage the iPod in any way. The only thing that would hurt the iPod is if it inflicted some sort of hardware damage upon it, which it clearly doesn't.

6. macrumors 6502

Austin2048

Well that makes sense. I'm just sayin what my friend told me. Now that I think about it, it makes no sense

7. macrumors 68040

I'm sure your friend had a mere misunderstanding. Anyhow, he may be under the impression that it may damage since force shutting down your computer is harmful to your computer if any major application is running.

8. macrumors 6502

Austin2048

yeah, that might be why. ill ask him about it