Screen goes weird when changing battery settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lobos, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Lobos macrumors member

Jun 11, 2005
    I just received a new PowerBook (my first Apple), did a full charge and am now using it with the batter. I changed from "Normal" to "Better Battery Life" and when I did so the screen went all weird. It got better after a little bit and then when I changed it back to "Normal" it did the same. Is this normal? I get all sorts of lines all over my screen and can hardly make out anything. It kind of scares me.
  2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Jan 22, 2003
    In your head.
    It sounds like a bad connector or logic board.
    Call Apple!
  3. Lobos thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2005
    Grrr. The Apple Store classified my PowerBook as "dead on arrival." Now more waiting begins.
  4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    Really sorry to hear you're off to a rough start. I think, after this initial bump, you'll be pleased with AppleCare's warranty and treatment. I've had as quick as 72 hour turn around time with a repaired box.
  5. kb9wte macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2005
    I just got a new PowerBook two weeks ago, and occasionally I get the same thing when I plug it in or unplug it. The screen goes all funky and pixelated for two seconds, then it goes back to normal. I thought maybe it was a Tiger bug or something. It doesn't really bother me, and otherwise my computer seems to be working nearly perfectly...certainly not DOA.
  6. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Mar 16, 2005
    Oxfordshire, UK
    My new powerbook does this too, only or half a second, it could be that while the cpu is changing gear it has a momentary lapse.

If the corruption is is on screen for some time, 10+ seconds, i would ask apple about it, at worst it's a send it back job.

Good luck :)