Screen going mental

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by styan5, Jan 26, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi
    Has anyone had issues with their iPad going mental as tho it is possessed. On Facebook it will work for a while and then chat for various ppl will start to flick in and out and the screen becomes semi-nonresponsive, doing its own thing.
    But it isn't just on FB. It will open apps by itself and also become nonresponsive to turn off. Usually if I reboot my iPad it will settle for a while but doesn't last long.
    I had my screen replaced by a private tech (not via Apple) a couple of months ago and other than the screen lock not working since it has been fine until now. Wondering if he might have stuffed it up???

2. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'd check with the person who replaced your screen to see if there's any type of warranty.

3. macrumors G3

charlituna

It is very likely stuffed up, or a bad screen. Take it back to the tech that did it and have him fix it.

4. macrumors regular

YES, YES I HAVE!!!

Although it seems to have calmed down a bit now. It's as if after the update it has been calibrating itself? Definitely a major step-change in sensitivity in this update.

I also have a hardware issue, a dead stripe of screen about 2/3rds across the width, running the whole length of it. Before the update, just dead, annoying, but inert. After the update, it would flit about like a mad thing.

Tried DFU restore based on advice from forum, but it seemed no real benefit.

2 days of sulking and leaving it in a drawer and now I'm typing on it again. Weird.

5. macrumors regular

Before; [6.0.1]

[​IMG]

Right in the typing zone for landscape. Doh. ( turn 180 ok )

After; [6.1]

[​IMG]

And I don't know why. It went scatty for two days, and while I performed various reinstalls of iOS to try and figure it out, the last, clean DFU seems to have done it. I then restored from back up and got my data back. Seems ok.