Screen issues... what to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zwhaler, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Hey guys, awhile back I posted about how I had issues with my display on my iMac, and I still kinda do, but I let it go. One issue is kinda bugging me though. First off, here is the problems with my display. On a blue background, I have one black (dead) plxel in the bottom right corner. On a black surface, there is pretty damn uneven backlighting, and there are several (more than 10) little stuck sib-pixels that are either blue red or something else... you have to really look in order to see them, but I am kinda wondering if this is common or not.

Finally, I have some pretty intense burn-in in the menu-bar area (the top of the screen with the blue apple and the the clock+spotlight area, that whole thing) Whenever the menu bar is not displayed, weather it is on a black (most visible burn-in) or a blue or any solid color, you can see the burn in at the top of the screen.

I have seriously debated this before, but what should I do? Is my screen really that much of a defect? Or should I just move on and try to ignore it. The only thing that bugs me is that when I look at really any other computer, nobody has any of the issues I do. Not one. It looks like I got unluckly, times 5. (when it comes to me display, at least) And I have AppleCare
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    if it bugs you, and it isn't your fault, then return it. Burn in is pretty bad :p
  3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    Exchange it. Stuck pixels + uneven backlighting = unacceptable. I can live with pixel errors, quite frankly a lot of them but when it comes to uneven backlighting it's really a pain to look at.
  4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    uneven backlight has been discussed, and seems pretty common for many users. one dead pix is not enough for exchange, unless u can find another 5.

U can just call applecare and se what they say about it.