Screen issues... what to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zwhaler, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Hey guys, awhile back I posted about how I had issues with my display on my iMac, and I still kinda do, but I let it go. One issue is kinda bugging me though. First off, here is the problems with my display. On a blue background, I have one black (dead) plxel in the bottom right corner. On a black surface, there is pretty damn uneven backlighting, and there are several (more than 10) little stuck sib-pixels that are either blue red or something else... you have to really look in order to see them, but I am kinda wondering if this is common or not.

Finally, I have some pretty intense burn-in in the menu-bar area (the top of the screen with the blue apple and the the clock+spotlight area, that whole thing) Whenever the menu bar is not displayed, weather it is on a black (most visible burn-in) or a blue or any solid color, you can see the burn in at the top of the screen.

I have seriously debated this before, but what should I do? Is my screen really that much of a defect? Or should I just move on and try to ignore it. The only thing that bugs me is that when I look at really any other computer, nobody has any of the issues I do. Not one. It looks like I got unluckly, times 5. (when it comes to me display, at least) And I have AppleCare

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

if it bugs you, and it isn't your fault, then return it. Burn in is pretty bad :p

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Exchange it. Stuck pixels + uneven backlighting = unacceptable. I can live with pixel errors, quite frankly a lot of them but when it comes to uneven backlighting it's really a pain to look at.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

uneven backlight has been discussed, and seems pretty common for many users. one dead pix is not enough for exchange, unless u can find another 5.

But

U can just call applecare and se what they say about it.