screen keeps coming on.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by coleg, Feb 8, 2005.

1. coleg macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2004
    would anyone know why, when my screen goes to sleep, that it keeps coming on about 5 minutes after it goes to sleep?

i would like to be able to leave my computer on over night in my dorm, but if it keeps lighting up, i won't be able to because it wases up my roommate.

p.s. does it have anything to do with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard?
  2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

Nov 24, 2002
    Is your Engery Saver panel setup like this?

Do you have any other peripherals connected?

Attached Files:

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    Yes, that is exactly right. I had this problem with my Microsoft BT mouse waking up my Powerbook every few minutes.

You either need to switch them off at night, or else uncheck the option "allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer".

Edit: If you pick the second option, then you have to re-check periodically that it's still unchecked - some software updates seem to re-enable that feature for some reason.
  4. coleg thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2004
    i have turned off the bluetooth at night. i don't want the whole computer to go to sleep, just the screen, because sometimes i'll have updates going or downloads.

hmm, maybe i should try my non-bluetooth mouse and keyboard to see if it fixes the problem.

the only other peripherals that i have connected are my ipod dock and hp printer.