Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMB1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Just reserved a 42mm series 2 in space grey. Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector, which isn't noticeable when applied?

Mark...

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I've tried both the regular screen protectors and the wet apply ones.

The regular ones aren't edge to edge and will leave you with a halo where the edges of the screen curve. See the pic below.

The wet apply ones are the best bet. They offer full screen coverage but slightest snag, they begin to peel. I had to replace my zagg 4 times because of this. I gave up on both and run without any at all now.

b10f7b88e5faa5e68f0a9b69dfd74ad0.jpg

On a side note, the wet apply zagg saved me nicely one day. Watch screen scraped a wall pretty hard, enough to get paint transfer. Luckily I was able to rub it off the screen protector and it left no residue or scratches. Here's a pic before I rubbed it off. Note in the pic, it was starting to peel on the left side. However if you must get a screen protector, I suggest one of these wet apply vs the dump looking film ones.

c4f29db340632ced05027050bbe748ba.jpg

DMB1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Does the aluminium watch generally scratch under normal use i.e - rubbing against jacket/jumper sleeve or your shirt sleeve? Or if your Attempting to clean the fingerprint marks off with a cloth.

Don't like the halo left around the edge and think it takes the look of the watch.

Selection is also very sparse in the uk - only have an option of the zagg from eBay -

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZAGG-Invisi...pple-Watch-BRAND-NEW-/361337541172?nav=SEARCH

FuriousD

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
UK
Does the aluminium watch generally scratch under normal use i.e - rubbing against jacket/jumper sleeve or your shirt sleeve? Or if your Attempting to clean the fingerprint marks off with a cloth.

Don't like the halo left around the edge and think it takes the look of the watch.

Selection is also very sparse in the uk - only have an option of the zagg from eBay -

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZAGG-Invisi...pple-Watch-BRAND-NEW-/361337541172?nav=SEARCH

Does this help?

http://www.johnlewis.com/zagg-protector-for-apple-watch-sport-with-42mm-case/p2251506

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
BSE makes an 'extended coverage' screen protector that actually covers the whole screen and also overlaps with a few millimeters of the case and actually adheres to the case as much as the screen. they note that the oleophobic coating makes the traditional wet install not adhere very well. so supposedly it should work much better, and also provide coverage to the bezel area. considering giving it a try.

Reactions: DMB1

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
I had BSE on my AW0, yes the screen protect overlaps the watch case like ajm222 said, and is good although a little rubbery to the touch and the corners had a tendency to lift (and did 2 screen installs several months apart and the result was always the same after some weeks» lifted corners) AW0 (june 2015-jan 2016)

Now on AW2 and i have the Zagg Invisible Shield from ebay.co.uk, the screen protector doesn't overlaps the case, but end like 1mm "before" the case. Wet install like BSE, not rubbery at all. corners adhere very well. Really like it very much

Reactions: ajm222

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I've got a skinomi on mine. Pretty happy with it. It's wet apply and, taking my time, virtually invisible. I was also surprised by the clarity and lack of orange peel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.