Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector, if so what kind?

• No, I don't use one

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, I use a plastic screen protector

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, I use a glass screen protector

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
United States
I've always used a screen protector, more recently I've been using the new glass ones, which are without a doubt better than the plastic film ones.

I really want to use my iPhone 6 without a screen protector. So, what are your thoughts?

Does the iPhone 6 really need a screen protector? What is the price of not using one?

Anyone who doesn't use a screen protector, have you noticed any scratches or very fine hair-line scratches?

Add in any thoughts about screen protectors if you feel it's relevant. I'm curious.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
United States
Anyone who doesn't use a screen protector, have you noticed any scratches or very fine hair-line scratches?

Anyone without a screen protector, do you put your phone face down, or face up? Thoughts?

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
United States
I always put my phone face up, but I also use a S/P for false peace of mind.

I like my phone face down for privacy, although ow that I have an Apple Watch, my screen doesn't turn on much cuz my Watch does.

S/P wise- if using a glass one, and it gets some how magically gets scratched (which wont happen) you have to buy a new one which could get expensive if it some how keeps getting scratched liked crazy every few months.

Some one who doesn't use a S/P would say that you only need one if you live/work in a dry, dusty, dirty area, I assume- which is and of true.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
It's all personal preference to use a screen protector or not. I've always used one personally; but with this generation of iPhones, and the curved display along with all the issues many users have been having getting these to adhere correctly onto the new 6S/6S+ screen, it makes me second guess using one at least until the next iPhone comes out. I hope that one has a flat display like the 5 series had.

The one I have, one by Belkin, works but isn't really holding up good as there's already a scratch on it.

Reactions: 3568358
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.