Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Silverhawk, Nov 13, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Oct 16, 2007
    Anybody have any suggestions as to the best way of applying these clear film without getting absolutely no dust at all? I just got one that really works nice with anti-glare but some how whenever i tried to fix it, it gathered up more dust. :(
  2. macrumors newbie

Nov 12, 2007
    The best way is to turn on your shower on hot for a while and let the bathroom become steamy. Then let the steam out for a while so u don't get condensation on ur screen, then apply it inside the bathroom. You won't have a single dust flowing inside since it's all weighted down by the steam.
  3. macrumors member

Sep 19, 2007
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I washed everything down and left the counter surface wet. Then I got my cutting board which was totally clean and put the touch on it. I wiped the screen with a slightly damp cloth and quickly dried the surface with a hairdryer. I then applied the screen protector. Not a spec of dust could be found.
  4. macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    i just got the pelican screen guard for the psp and cut it to make it work on my ipt. can this same method work for this?

whenever i try to reapply static stickers, they never stay as well as the first time. any hints?
  5. macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2007
    Power Support just released the itouch screen protectors last Friday. :) I ordered one and it came today. It's perfect! I got the crystal film set cause I like the glossy look.

Just be patient and clean when applying the films, it's not too difficult. Don't take the plastic backing off right away. Use a lint-free cloth to slowly guide it off the backing from one end to the other.

Crystal Film Set - glossy, some fingerprints, but can easily clean it
    Anti-glare Set - no fingerprints, reduces glare -- looks like an lcd monitor.