Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgeC97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2002
hey everyone -

Re: when you say screen resizes and scrolling ....

so you are telling me that on a G3 ibook... let's say if you have a 35 page document in MS WORD ....

if you scroll down or page down, it does not do so instantaneously? i have to wait for screen redraws and pauses?

and on a G4 Tibook it would be no problem?

thoughts?

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
I have both an iBook 600 and a G4 iMac, and yes, using Word is slower on the G3. Scrolling, either through documents or on the Web, does take a bit longer. But it's not horrible. My iMac was in and out of the shop for about two weeks, during which I was using my iBook as my primary computer, and while I did notice a difference, it wasn't enough to make me not want to use it.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Adobe suck...... acrobat scrolls so slow but I don't have large files in acrobat or word so It don't matter. For some it might but for me.... It don't matter wether its slow or fast

F/reW/re

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2001
Norway
Originally posted by mac15
Adobe suck...... acrobat scrolls so slow but I don't have large files in acrobat or word so It don't matter. For some it might but for me.... It don't matter wether its slow or fast
To bad you don't know what you're talking about!

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
to judge Adobe just because of acrobat shows extreme lack of analysation.

IMO I could not live on the comp w/out Photoshop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.