Screen Saver Fluid

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Aug 23, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I don't know what i did but i was changing some options in fluid and when i went to turn it on, there was this big blue box in the middle of the screen. How do i make it go away. I know Duffman has this SS. Could someone please help me out, this blue box it pissing me off. How do i get rid of it? Is there a way to reset the screen saver back to default setting?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Load one of the default themes - that should do the trick!

Attached Files:

3. kant macrumors 6502

...should be changed every 1500 miles.

At least. Otherwise the fluid gets oily from the fingerprints on the screen. And everyone knows that oily screen saver fluid can gunk up cursor movement and slow down window minimizing/maximizing. And there is always the danger it could corrode the the frame, causing a pinhole that will allow all the RGB dyes to leak out.

On PCs there are programs such as Input Meter ( http://drn.digitalriver.com/product.php[id]61668[cid]301[SiteID]softwareoasis ) to help keep track of cursor mileage. Being new to the Mac scene I've not yet looked up the equivalent OS X software, but it's on my todo list for this week.

4. bella macrumors member

uh huh.... and we've been smoking what so far today?? lmao Damn - its way too early to be reading posts like that - I'm not even finished my first coffee - had to read it twice. :D

5. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

6. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

:D :p

I have experienced a leak in an LCD before. One of our users called me up saying that she was having problems with the screen on her laptop. Came over and it was the funkiest thing I've ever seen on an LCD. Half the panel was...how to describe. almost void of color and light but lite up enough to see something of an image an the other half was perfectly fine. Had a CompUCom rep come out here to do the warrantee work. He took off the screen and found a dried white substance in the base of the computer itself, not the flip up LCD. We ripped open the LCD case and did indeed find a pool of a dry white substance in the base of the LCD housing. Apparently there HAD been a leak. The tech said he's been in the computer repair business 15 years and this was a first for him.

Unfortunately the system was no longer under warrantee and was only a 500Mhz laptop so we were planning on getting her a new computer, but she was let go about a week later so it worked itself out. :(

7. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

[​IMG]