Screen Savers debate today: crap!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GeeYouEye, May 2, 2002.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    Ok, so for anyone who watched Screen Savers on Tech TV today, you know that the debate was over whether Apple made the right move in terminating the clone licenses. And guess what it turned into: a Mac vs. PC debate, and a crappy one at that. The PC guy said some outright lies (including what amounted to, among other things, that macs use proprietary memory) and the pro-mac guy was apathetic, didn't even try to refute any of it, and pretty much proved, once again, that Screen Savers is extremely biased against Macs. :mad: [/rant]

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
    let me guess it was leo laport (the pro mac guy) and that chubby balding guy (whom is always against macs). makes me sick.
  3. dualburn001 macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2002
    no it was two guys playing golf and they were talking about the topic
  4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, I agree, it was pretty lame. What was supposed to be a debate about whether Apple was right to kill the clones, turned into the same old "Macs are good/bad because..." debate.

The chubby guy had the standard "closed architecture, lack of support" BS argument, and the other guy didn't really do much to combat his statements, since he was trying to stay on topic. I guess it degraded into a "Macs are bad now, because they killed the clones" debate. For some reason they seemed to think that if the clones were still around Macs would be as prevalent as PCs...ha!

At least the chubby guy sucked at golf and looked like a fool as he tried to make his arguments. :D