Screen Shots

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by valmundo, Jun 1, 2006.

1. valmundo macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to capture screen shots in Windows on my iMac. On a PC keyboard there is a dedicated print screen button, but there is no corresponding button on an apple keyboard. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

3. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Option - Shift - 3 will save a screen shot your entire screen to your desktop. Option - Shift - 4 will bring up a little cross hair thing so you can define what you want in the scren shot. Option - Shift - 4 + Spacebar will give you a little camera which you can use to take a screen shot of only one window.

There's probably more... I know there's someway to just copy it to the clipboard, but I can't remember it...

4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

You sure that's in Windows ;)

5. reh macrumors 6502a

Actually, it would be if you install the AppleK Pro software. I used it for a while and it was pretty cool, but not cool enough to buy...

6. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Duplicate...

Attached Files:

7. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Wow... should've read better. I was just so excited since I recently figured out the spacebar thing. My bad... Stupid Windows.

8. isgoed macrumors 6502

I used keytweak to remap my printscreen button to the home-button. (It changes the registry)

If you are interested in taking screenshots or movies in games or showing your FPS, you might want to try FRAPS.