Screen shots?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Albone, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Albone macrumors regular

I know this question is lame, but how do I do screen shots and where do they go? I'm used to the shift command 3/4 but I'm not sure if its working because I can't find the screen shots.

Ugh

2. garybooberry macrumors member

Either use Grab or yes, shift command 4 for part of the screen, or chift command 3 for all of it. Shift comamnd 3/4 will save it as a pdf on your desktop.

3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Additionally:

Whole screen>PDF file on Desktop:
    Command + Shift + 3

Part of the screen>PDF file on Desktop:
    Command + Shift + 4

Window/Icon>PDF file on Desktop:
    1. Command + Shift + 4
    2. Space

Whole screen>Clipboard:
    Ctrl + Command + Shift + 3

Part of the screen>Clipboard:
    Ctrl + Command + Shift + 4

Window/Icon>Clipboard:
    1. Ctrl + Command + Shift + 4
    2. Space

4. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

You can also use the excellent freeware program SnapNDrag from http://www.yellowmug.com/ , which can also save the snaps as a jpeg.

Btw, your snaps from Cmnd-Shft-3/4 might not appear on your desktop until you click on it.

The Void
    99% Cocoa

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

As I have been referred to "SnapxPro" for about $29

But I have learned how to mess with "terminal" to take whatever kind of shot I want.

If you're curious launch terminal and type: screencapture -then return it will lay out what you're supposed to do.

6. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Shift+Cmnd+3 should snap a pic and place it on your desktop. Perhaps you just aren't seeing them? OS X often requires you to bring Finder to the front to see items added to the desktop. This can be done by simply clicking anywhere on the desktop. Are you hearing a camera sound?

7. thewickedmusic macrumors newbie

I dont know if this is relevent...

...But you can make it easier to take a screenshot by going in system prefrences, clicking on keyboard & mouse, keyboard shortcuts and then setting the different screen capture elements to the F buttons!

Example:
    on my mac

F1=capture screen to file
    F2=capture screen to clipboard
    F3=capture selection to file
    F4=capture selection to clipboard

Not really something thats required but hey its kinda cool and makes there actually be a reason for the F buttons beyond exposé...
    :D :p ;)