Screen spanning and quicktime?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by slipper, Jul 11, 2005.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

I have a 12" powerbook and a seperate 17" widescreen monitor. how would i play a video with quicktime pro on my seperate monitor in full screen mode? is it even possible?

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i'm pretty sure you just drag it over to the other screen and then hit Apple + F. well, i think so.

am i right?

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It is possible, I did it with my 12" PB and an external display where I had a DVD going on the second screen and I was using the 12" screen to do work. You might have to adjust the screen positioning in the system prefs, but I'm not sure. I full screen video might only play on what is considered the main display. I say just try it out and play around with some settings.

4. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

open quicktime -> preferences -> fullscreen and click on the screen wich you want to make QT default... the QT logo will move to that one...

that's it ;)

PS: only when using the fullscreen our one of the other view options..; it will move to that screen, the movie otherwise opens on the 'main' screen... with your screenspanning you can offcourse set you 17" as 'main'...

5. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

You can also do it by Selecting View->Present Movie, and it will let you select which display you want the video to play on. Another cool thing in QT7 is the fact that you can drag the little floating controller to whichever display and control the video from there.

6. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper