Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
I have a Mac Mini that connected to 17" Daewoo LCD Monitor and it seems that what ever I do I can't bring my screen to be bright enough. I had Mac Mini connected to 15" NEC LCD Monitor before I switched to Daewoo and it was dark as well not as dark tho.
I tried to set up brightnes on monitor as well as I tried to colibrate the monitor thru OS but nothing seems to make improvements.
My current resolution is 1280 x 1024 at 75 Herts Refresh Rate. Is there anything I ovelooked? or should I look somewhere else?

p.s. When I connect to MacMini thru VNC I'm getting much brigther picture on my other monitor.

TAIA

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Did you calibrate using the gamma setup? PC's have gamma 1.8 or 2.2, not sure though. Can check if u like.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
daveway00 said:
Try the F14 & F15 keys.

Is this a joke? sorry I don't get it. btw I'm using Windows Keyboard.

Lacero said:
Did you calibrate using the gamma setup? PC's have gamma 1.8 or 2.2, not sure though. Can check if u like.

Yes I went thru colibration process in gamma setup.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
boneca said:
Is this a joke? sorry I don't get it. btw I'm using Windows Keyboard.

Sorry, I didn't know PC keyboards lacked those keys. Its no joke we have those keys, they adjust the brightness. Did you try: System Pref.>displays>brightness? I guess what I'm trying to get to is if you did the general things.

polyisoprene

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
daveway00 said:
Sorry, I didn't know PC keyboards lacked those keys. Its no joke we have those keys, they adjust the brightness. Did you try: System Pref.>displays>brightness? I guess what I'm trying to get to is if you did the general things.

By the way, since we're on the keyboard topic, what's the equivalent of the option key for a Windows keyboard?

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
ChrisFromCanada said:
Maybe your Daewoo monitor is just a crappy monitor with very little brightness?

Maybe I am wrong...

Well he said he attached another monitor as well that looked brighter on another computer.
BTW, Daewoo makes nice plasmas when compared next to a philips.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
ChrisFromCanada said:
Maybe your Daewoo monitor is just a crappy monitor with very little brightness?

Maybe I am wrong...

The Daewoo monitor is alright it's not the best on the market but I got it long time ago in Microcenter when first 17" LCD showed up. Now I used this monitor on PC box previously and it was brighter. Just to clarify.

daveway00 thx for replying.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
the future said:
The mini seems to have problems with certain vga monitors: http://macintouch.com/macmini07.html#feb14

Thank you for the link, yes I think its a problem, well what you gonna do. I have to live with this.
btw I don't have DVI input on this monitor so I'm using DVItoVGA adaptor.
I have different monitor that has both VGA and DVI inputs but I'm using this monitor for different PC. Is it possible to connect my Mini to DVI input on that monitor as second computer. I mean to have 2 computers connected to one monitor?
Its a Dell 2005 Ultrasharp WS 20.1"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.