ScreenFlow newbie question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BasilFawlty, Nov 27, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

I played with the free demo for a few days and decided I had to have this program! I just bought 3.0.2 and really enjoy it! However, I have a really basic question. I wear glasses (have to) but in my screen casts, you can see the reflections of the screen in my glasses. Is there some trick of the trade to get rid of screen reflections (removing my glasses is not an option or I couldn't read the screen)? :cool:

2. macrumors member

If you have trouble reading the screen in your screen cast, just zoom the window and reposition it. After recording a screen cast, select the video portion in Screenflow in the timeline. Under the camera tab, slide the scale slider past 100% to 200% or so. If you need to move the window, press the Add Video Action button and this will insert a key frame. It shows up as a little yellow rectangle in the Video Timeline. You use these key frames whenever you want to move the position of the screen or change the "scale".

Hope that helps.

3. macrumors regular

Use some lighting on your face. That should equalize things. You can also take down screen brightness. For stuff you've already done, it would be a painful rotoscoping job in After Effects or the like.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I may try lowering the screen brightness.