Screenplays and TV Scripts

Discussion in 'Community' started by oldschool, Apr 12, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Do any of you write screenplays or scripts for TV or Movies professionally or just for enjoyment?

I write a lot but i'd like to start a screenplay. I'm not looking to make a movie, just something for my own enjoyment. And i guess if its an exceptional script i wouldn't mind accepting a tremendous amount of money to make it into a movie. :D

Anyways does anybody have any tips? Forums? Websites I could check out? Books I could read?

2. macka macrumors regular

I dunno....maybe you could check out movies that won 'best screenplay' or something. They'll probably help give a feel for how it's done, and there are websites which have entire scripts for movies for free. Try googling that.

But in my opininon, 'best screenplay' doesn't suggest anything. 'Clueless' by Amy Heckerling won that award but that movie's crap. :p

3. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

thanks for the suggestions...i looked on google and found a pretty good site for scripts

4. Awimoway macrumors 65816

5. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

My aunt has. She wrote an X-files screen play a few years back because she was a big fan (Had never written screenplays, just picked up a book and wrote one). Then she wrote the screen play for a movie that she has since made into an independant film.

6. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

congratulations for your aunt. did the xfiles screenplay get made into an episode?

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Screenplay by Syd Field and How To Make A Good Script Great by Linda Seger. You can buy screenplays at your local bookstore in the film section as well.