Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
As the title says my screensavers doesn't 'kick in' since upgrading to Mavericks at the weekend. I've tried reselecting my chosen photo folder but it still doesn't work. All it does is stay on the desktop screen. Has anyone else had this and know how to fix it?

I'm running an early 2012 (pre retina) MBP 15" with the "classic" style screensaver.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Try a normal screen saver and no photos. And set the start after option in the system preferences to 1 minute.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Well I just changed the delay time to 1 minute and then back to 5 mins (without changing the photo selection) and it seems to be working OK at the mo :confused: I am using it on battery power at the mo, whereas I was using the mains before but I can't see that causing an issue :confused:

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Well it's stopped again, seems to be an intermittent problem which is even more confusing :confused::confused::confused:

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I think I've finally fixed this problem. I tried changing the delay time, I tried re-choosing the designated folder, and I even tried re-installing Mavericks and none of it solved the issue.

As a last resort I tried deleting the folder I keep my photos in for the screen saver and created a new one and it appears to working fine now (touch wood).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.