Screensaver Pics?

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by wizwaz3, Nov 4, 2006.

1. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

I have searched high and low for the pictures that are used in Apples screensavers. I would love to have the pictures found in them. Does anybody have them, or know where to find them? I would really appreciate it. :)

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I'd imagine they're stored in a package somewhere. I've had a look and I can't find any of the screensavers, I'll keep looking! :)

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

FOUND THEM! :D :D :D

On your mac....

Macintosh HD > System > Library > Screen Savers > right click name of screensaver and choose SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS > Contents > resources > IMAGES

:D

Before you drag the files out of the packages, causing the screensavers to go coo-koo, I'd recommend you make copies of the screensavers on your desktop, and open them there. :)

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Are people still using Screen Savers? In the age of LCD, Screen Savers won't save the screen from burn in (CRT monitor would benefit from screen savers, thought). I would rather turn off the LCD screen after 5 or 10 min of non-use to conserve the back light longevity.

5. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

DUDE! You are the best! Thank you! I never would have thought of trying that... I'm still a noob in the way of Mac OS... I love it, but I don't know all the tricks yet. :) THX!

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Ya, They're more for show now then for protection though. There are some pretty neat ones out there.