Screensaver problems on new imac

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by noelmac75, Feb 21, 2003.

1. noelmac75 macrumors regular

My screensaver wont activate when my iMac goes to sleep, i just get a black screen, i set the screensaver to go on after 5 mins off unactive and then it doesnt activate. Anyone any solutions for this?

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Screensaver problems on new imac

You can't have a screensaver going if your computer is asleep. When your computer is asleep the monitor is in lowe power mode, the cpu is powered down, and the hard drive is spun down. You have to have the screensaver set to a shorter time then the energy saver sleep setting.

3. noelmac75 thread starter macrumors regular

I've the sleep energy saver set to 30 mins and the screensaverset to 5mins, i leave it for a couple of mins and the screen goes little darker for a while and then to a black screen, but still no screensaver activates

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Sounds like you have the fade to black screensaver set. It could also be a permisssions failure in which the scrensaver files are not being accessed correctly.

Open up your screen effects control panel and select a screen saver like flurry. Does it start playing in the little preview box to the right of the screensaver list? If not then I recommend repairing your disk permissions and restarting. If it does start playing to the right the next step is to select the hot corner tab within the Screen Effect control panel window. Select a hot corner. Now try dragging your mouse to that corner and leaving it there. The screen saver should start working. Does it?