Screensaver Slideshow Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Joeymon2, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Joeymon2 macrumors newbie

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening, and I was hoping that someone could maybe shed some light on this strange problem. When I view my slideshow screensaver, randomly every few minutes, little cartoon pictures are shown on top of my pictures. When I look through my iphoto library, there are no little cartoon flags or monkeys or dogs or whatever these pictures are of, so I cannot figure out where they are coming from. They just look like little round clip art pictures that are blown up so that the pixels are huge, and they ruin many of my good pictures during my screensaver. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, I would be so happy if I could get to the bottom of this annoying problem. Thanks so much.

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Totally wack. That's all i have to say.

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

How do you have your screensaver set up? are the source images suppose to be from your home pictures folder? if so you might still have the iChat Icons alias in your home pictures folder and it might be taking those small 32 pixel images and using them in your screensaver. just a thought.

4. Tim2015 macrumors newbie

Is there an answer to the screensaver problem?

My Mac just started having the same problem with clipart being placed right in the middle of my screensaver pictures based out of my photo library. I look at the individual pictures in the library and the photos are not affected. They appear during the screensaver mode only and are getting more numerous and annoying. Does anyone have a solution?

5. hirschaj macrumors newbie

My neighbors Mac has this same problem. She asked me if I could help figure out what is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas?

6. ghostis macrumors newbie

I think I found the solution in the Apple forums...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1329332

Summary: There is a link to the iChat icons folder in your Pictures folder, so those get pulled in.