Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
in the desktop and screen saver prefpane, i went to choose folder and went to a folder with a bunch of pics in it to create a screensaver... however, i have since deleted that folder...

does anyone know how to delete that folder from the list of screensaver list?

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
iChan said:
no, it doesn't work, it only replaces it...

i wante to get rid of that item completely.

The only way I found was to edit the preferences file as follows:
Go to Home/Library/Preferences/ByHost/ and open com.apple.screensaver.000a95851bf2.plist in a text editor or Property List Editor if you have it installed (the numbers and letters at the end of the name might be different, I'm not sure).
If you have Property List Editor, find lastPictureDirectoryChosen in the property list and delete it. If you're using a text editor, search for com.apple.screensaver.000a95851bf2.plist and do a search for 'lastPictureDirectoryChosen'. Then select and delete '<key>lastPictureDirectoryChosen</key>
<string>[***Path of selected folder***]</string>'
Be careful that the first character you select is the '<' and the last is a tab (the last character before the next <key>). Save and it should be gone from the list.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
HexMonkey said:
The only way I found was to edit the preferences file as follows:
Go to Home/Library/Preferences/ByHost/ and open com.apple.screensaver.000a95851bf2.plist in a text editor or Property List Editor if you have it installed (the numbers and letters at the end of the name might be different, I'm not sure).
If you have Property List Editor, find lastPictureDirectoryChosen in the property list and delete it. If you're using a text editor, search for com.apple.screensaver.000a95851bf2.plist and do a search for 'lastPictureDirectoryChosen'. Then select and delete '<key>lastPictureDirectoryChosen</key>
<string>[***Path of selected folder***]</string>'
Be careful that the first character you select is the '<' and the last is a tab (the last character before the next <key>). Save and it should be gone from the list.

sweet, it worked like a charm... thanks a lot man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.