Screenshot does nothing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by faizan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. faizan macrumors newbie

faizan

Hey,
    I just bought my first mac. Its a MacBook 2.0. I'm in love with OSX already. I don't understand why everyone who switches to Macs says that the switch can be a pain at the beginning. It literally took me less than an hour to get familiar with the osx interface. Its probably the most intuitive interface I have ever come across in my life.
    I have only faced one problem so far. I know that Command-Ctrl-Shift-3 and Comman-Ctrl-Shift-4 are the screenshot commands. I used them a few days back and they were working perfectly. The screenshots were automatically placed on my desktop.
    I was researching earlier this evening and no matter what I did, the screenshots wouldn't show up on the desktop. I get the cross cursor and I get the audio snap but nothing shows up on the desktop. I was trying again and again and I got a screenshot to show up on the desktop once but when I tried again it wasnt working.
    I've been using grab in the meantime but I want to know whats wrong with the normal screenshot command.

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

No control. It's command-SHIFT-#
    Control throws them on your clipboard

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Control is not needed, it doesn't work with control...

EDIT: Beaten to the punch...
    Good luck with OSX!

As you thought this was an error you probably don't know the basic troubleshooting methods:
    No 1: Repair permissions (go to disk utility, choose your HD, choose 'repair disk permissions', restart) This is a general fix-all.
    No 2: That is pretty much it for software problems!

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Adding control to the sequence copies the screenshot to the clipboard, so you'd then have to paste it somewhere in order for it to show up. Here are the different screenshot options.

5. oceanmonster macrumors regular

6. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Great link WildCowboy ;)

...wait a sec, WildCowboy .... WildPalms.....ooooh spooky :p

7. faizan thread starter macrumors newbie

faizan

thanks!!

thanks for correcting me.. i thought i was doing something wrong.. and thanks for the link!!!