screenshots in Panther/quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by wiredsc, Feb 18, 2004.

1. wiredsc macrumors member

wiredsc

i am trying to show my friend some recent movie work I have done, however he is not on BB internet so I want to send him screenshots.

I am on Panther 3.2 and my movie is in quicktime. How would I be able to get a screenshot of my quicktime movie?

2. live4ever macrumors 6502a

hit command(apple)+shift+3 takes a screenshot

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Cmd-Shift-4 is probably better, because it allows you to select a portion of the screen, rather than just making a screenshot of everything.

The screenshot will end up in a file called "Picture 1" on your desktop. Naturally, you can take as many shots as you like and they'll be saved as Picture 2, Picture 3, etc.

The pictures are in PDF, if you want to convert them to something else, just open them in Preview, do File->Export, and choose a different format.

4. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

When you have the movie open in quicktime, go to the frame you want (achieved using the right and left arrow keys to skip frame by frame) and then in the menu bar, go to edit > copy, and then paste the image somewhere, like Photoshop. And then, well, save it.

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Along with using Apple-Shift-4 you can then hit the space bar and it will highlight the window, menu, menu bar the cursor is under and only take a screen shot of that area when you click the mouse button.

6. neut macrumors 68000

neut

wiredsc - if you don't have photoshop you can also use Graphic Converter or even Text Edit to paste the image.

peace.

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Or even Preview with the "New from Clipboard" option.