SCREWED OVER BY SHAPESHIFTER : RIPPED OFF BY UNSANITY.COM : DON'T TRUST A LIAR

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrwonkers, Nov 1, 2004.

1. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

UNSANITY HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING FINALLY SO I FEEL I MUST APLOGIZE FOR MY PREVIOUS POST.

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

UNSANITY MAKE GOOD PRODUCT GO OUT AND SUPPORT THEM CHEERS MR WONKERS

:)

2. sgarringer macrumors regular

Heres a suggestion, its a little something called settle down!

Try not treating their customer service people like crap and they'll probably be happer to deal with you. Bad things can happen with any company. I have never purchsed their software, but know people who have and they've never has this problem. Chances are it is a small issue and if you get upset but remain nice they'll probably be more prone to help you.

I answer customer service emails for a living, and once someone gets snippy with us, we do whatever we can to avoid helping them. "Its on" is a pretty good description of how we treat those customers at that point.

3. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

4. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

I have not treated their staff like crap in fact I have been nothing but pleasant. :p
    I am just very upset because I suffer from a severe eye condition which only allows me to view my screen totally dimmed.
    I find the aqua interface with its bright edges hurts my eyes alot, hence the reason 4 purchasing Shapeshifter.
    To me the situation is dire for in 1 week the software will no longer function. At which point I'll be feeling burning retina syndrome.
    I apologize if I seem irate but perhaps thats because I don't enjoy pain..... :eek:

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

6. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Oh cool just tried that.

7. Albone macrumors regular

8. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I don't want to vote for piracy, but in your case it should be possible that you find a serial number on the web to use it for your (already paid) software. By doing this, you won't have the 1 week limit anymore and you can enter your new serial number, if you ever get one.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It would seem that you're in the wrong business. I'm assuming as with most customer service people, that you get paid to help people, not to avoid helping them. I know it's more difficult to help someone when they're yelling at you (and you can't get true yelling in an e-mail) but you still need to do the job for which you're paid.

11. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

How rude and insensitive I have a medical condition, which I explained in this post is part of the reason for my frustrations with Unsanitys support. Maybe you didn't read the full post or perhaps you did and you are just mean. :(

12. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I can't wait for edesign's response...The suspense is killing me.

As for you wonkers...take a chill pill or suppository.

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You're right, I only read your first post (perhaps you should have mentioned it there if it's such a big deal). Anywho, nothings gonna get sorted out bitching about them here is it?

[​IMG]

14. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Does turning down the screen brightness and contrast work for you, or is your condition severe to the point where a darkened theme is necessary? I find that standard brightness on even a PC monitor makes me headachy, so I hear where you're coming from, but I always just turn down brightness and contrast to bearable levels instead of relying on third-party software (especially at work where that would be "unsupported").

Also, is there anything in OS X's accessibility features that might help?

15. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

It is bad to the point where I can only work in front of an LCD and not a CRT at all. The LCD's brightness needs to be dimmed 2 minimum and a 3rd party theme darkening all the white backgrounds and aqua GUI seems just about right. If I don't have what I need after about 10 minutes my eyes resemble eggs cooked on the sun and I get a migraine that feels like a hungry ferret burrowing into your brain through your nasal cavity.

:eek:

Pretty images huh :eek:

16. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I have a solution!
    Shapeshifter only costs $20! Buy another license right now and get it running INSTANTLY! Then, tell them in an email about your problem, how you had to buy it again, and there's a chance you'll get a refund when they check things out and get back to you.
    And if not, it was only 20 bones! Pretty good!

Lee Tom

17. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

Paying for the same thing twice..........a chance I'll get a refund........you are very funny........you mean 40 bones don't you.............pretty bad...sigh :rolleyes:

18. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i had no problems with the upgrade, smooth as can be. they didn't lie to me about anything.

maybe you pissed jason off and he doesn't feel like even bothering to help you anymore? i'd just ignore someone if they called me a liar without any evidence to back it up.

o and your "medical condition" would provide no sympathy on my behalf for yourself, your body can't handle computer monitors, you shouldn't be using them. your body is trying to tell you not too, but you ignore it, that's your own fault.

anyways, hope you get your dues, but reacting like a spastic child helps nobody, no matter what your excuse.

19. clr900 macrumors regular

Hey everybody google "burning retina syndrome" with quotations around it. Man you'd think there would be some information on the web about this medical condition.

20. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

Do the last 2 posters work for Unsanity.....OMG.. .........Mr Konars not a physician obviously (very poor bedside manner gives U away) perhaps people on a 1st name basis with Unsane folk get good customer service.....the rest of us well thats a different story I guess.

Burning retina syndrome is not the name of my condition it was a description of how it feels. doh..........

In regard to pissing off somebody at Unsanity I have not spoken to them in any other way than asking politely via 3 emails to provide me with a working serial as I thought that was what I had paid 4

21. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I'm just saying, if you have a debilitating problem that seriously affects you when you use computers, it sounds worth it to me. I would spend another $20 to avoid migranes.
    Also, if I was the type of person that got as upset about it as you do, I would realize it beforehand and pay the $20.

But that's just me, I like to avoid drama and ********.

Lee Tom

22. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

I'm sure a kind sensitive individual like yourself always gets there dues. Hence having the audacity to be such an unfeeling monster as to call someone with a dibilitating problem a spastic child. You are not a doctor so I'd appreciate it if you kept your spurious unknowledgable wealth of advice to yourself.I came here to tell people of my experience so they wouyld be wary of vendors who take money and dont provide what they say they will. Not to be ridiculed by you because your on a mates basis with the guy whos ripping me off.........and possibly others........
    have some decency and human like compassion......
    if you indeed at all are able.......

23. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Hey guys, common, keep it clean or else this thread will end up trashed.

This isn't grade school.

:rolleyes:

24. spookykids macrumors member

spookykids

Oh, for craps sake, just get a pirated version. You already paid for it and it didnt work, so getting a little piraty shouldnt put any dirt on your concience.

25. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I know Windows' accessibility features allow a white-on-black theme where everything is white text and outlines only on a mostly black screen....does OS X have this?

Is your condition perhaps alleviated by special glasses/lenses that could block out enough light that you could use a computer normally, or do you already have such a thing? Perhaps a glare shield or something over the LCD itself to darken it?

Not meaning to offend, just trying to offer suggestions in case the situation with Unsanity can't be resolved.