Scroll bars?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.7 Lion' started by darbyclash34, Oct 20, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

So far, all of the screenshots I have seen of Lion don't have scrollbars. The iPhoto screenshot has it's own custom scroll bars, but for instance look at the Mac App Store, there is not a scroll bar to be seen, even though clearly there is more of the page to see. Maybe the iOS scroll bars really are coming to Lion?

2. macrumors 603

richard.mac

the iOS style scroll bars show as you scroll and disappear afterwards. don’t know if i like not having a scroll bar always showing to see how long/where you are in a page.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Someone on the forums yesterday calculated the average amount of pixels that a reduced scroll bar would save... Anyone remember the number?

5. macrumors 65816

jbg232

Yeah, just watched the video again, at 1:02:08 you can see for a split second that there are DEFINITELY black and white iOS style rubber banded scroll bars

EDIT: if you continue watching to the point of the mission control feature you'll see three different scroll bars - aqua in pages, itunes gray in itunes, and the new scroll bar in safari. I have no idea what Lion will ultimately turn out to be but if its this disjointed (like Leopard and Snow Leopard) I find it a little sad.

Apple is still tweaking with the UI. Every app would require an update so the new Mac App Store obviously sports the new scroll bar.

7. macrumors member

As long as it's consistent, I really don't care what kind they use. While I like the hidden scroll bar idea, I fear that there's going to be a lot of confused "mom & dads" calling their kids to explain just what the heck happened to that "tall blue moving bar" on the side of the screen.