Scroll Lock?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ziggy, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Ziggy macrumors newbie

Hi all.
    I've got a thing called a 'USB Manual Share Switch', which in theory allows multiple computers to access a single USB device. (You can plug in up to 4 PCs, and the one device, via USB cables). The switch works by each PC "node" being able to grab control/access the device by pressing "scroll lock", twice, on the relevant keyboard. This works really well on connected PCs, but unfortunately I've been unable to find the equivalent key on a standard Mac keyboard. (Nor is there any form of manual switch on the box itself – you HAVE to use a keyboard command to switch users).
    Any suggestions for keys/combinations, or other workrounds, so that I can use a Mac with it? Some folks on another forum suggested "cntrl, cntrl" and also "F14, F14" but these don't do it for me I'm afraid...:(
    Thanks.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's not an iomega one, is it? If so, read the manual - there's likely a way to switch to an alternate setting which works well (at least, on my model). If not, well... dunno. AFAIK, the Mac keyboards won't emulate a Scroll Lock.