Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vegashacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I have an uneditable, unscrollable UITextView inside a cell of a UITableView. The UITableView scrolls normally--unless the user happens to scroll starting from within the UITextView. I don't want this to be the case.

Note that I don't want the UITextView to be scrollable. I just want it so that no matter where the user starts scrolling from, they can scroll the table.

Thanks!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Have you tried setting the scrollEnabled property of the UITextView. All UITextViews are subclasses of UIScrollView so you can use all the properties/methods of UIScrollView...

vegashacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Yes, but that allows for scrolling *within* the text view. I don't want that. I want it such that when I tap and drag from within a text view (or anywhere in the table for that matter), the whole table drags.

vegashacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I believe I've successfully worked around my issue by using UILabels instead of UITextView. UILabels also can do multiline, and they aren't scrollable, so my scrolling issue went away.

This also seems to have fixed with a problem I was having with some of my UITextViews randomly disappearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.