Scrollbar arrows messed up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macaddictann, May 26, 2005.

1. macaddictann macrumors member

I like my scrollbar arrows on the bottom, together. The other day, I noticed this no longer happened in Camino or Word (I'm pretty sure it was like that before). My Finder windows showed them correctly. Anyway, I shut down and restarted, figuring it was a hiccup, and now none of them are set right, even though it's set that way in my preferences. Is there a preferences file I should trash or something, maybe?

Thanks.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I don't have a solution, but I have Word and Camino and the scroll bars do take the settings from the control panel, so you definietly have a problem somewhere. :confused:

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....try using TinkerTool to "reset" it to what you prefer - you can download from Version Tracker and it is free....oh yeah!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You've repaired permissions? I know it seems like the answer to everything on these forums but in this case, I reckon it might actually work.

5. macaddictann thread starter macrumors member

I just did, actually. It finished this second. I was a bit surprised at how many items it found since it hasn't been long since I last did it, but I guess that's just the way. Anyway, I haven't restarted anything since it finished, so I should try that real quick.

The only thing I've done somewhat differently lately is used Cocktail Express, and I ran a big ol' check, stuff I didn't even need to do. I like to think that, given its intention, it wouldn't cause problems, so I'm going to assume it's a system hiccup (or burp or something), which hardly surprises me at all considering how long I leave it on, etc.

I'll look into TinkerTool. Thanks.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...if indeed you've hosed the pref file then it is com.apple.finder.plist (in your home/library/preferences folder of course)...that you are looking for....oh yeah!

7. macaddictann thread starter macrumors member

TinkerTool seems to have done it, actually. Thanks muchly! :)

8. mms macrumors 6502a

If you ever need to check the preferences file when an application is acting up, you can find it in your Library in a directory called Preferences. The file is called com.(name of company).(application name).plist so for example com.apple.dock.plist would be the Dock preferences file. It's usually a good idea to move the file to another directory instead of deleting it right away. The application will create a new and fresh file the next time it boots and if you find out that it's not the prefs file, you can always restore your preferences.