scrolling touchpad TOO fast with boot camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sbb155, Mar 4, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2005
    I bought a new penryn MBP
    I installed vista
    When I scroll on web pages it goes superfast
    Cannot see touch panel in control panel to see ow to eliminate this scroll acceleration
    What can i do?
  2. macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2008
    Me 2

I have the same problem. I installed Windows XP in MacBook Air using BootKamp. The two fingures scroll is super fast. Anybody can help?
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2007
    I find the setting to be fine under XP, but I'm not sure what to do to help the guy who is having trouble in Vista (Though they're fairly similar interface-wise).

In XP go to the control panel (Fastest way: [Command]+R, type "control" without quotes and hit enter), switch to classic view if it isn't, and double-click on "Mouse". At the top of the window, there is a tab labeled "Wheel". Click on it, and from there you can adjust your scrolling speed, or you can instruct it to scroll in a way not unlike hitting [page up]/[page down].

As far as Windows is concerned, you're using the scroll wheel in the centre of a regular three-button mouse. Normally they click as they spin, which is why the speed setting is "number of lines per click". Every time I see one of those old Apple-brand mice, I feel compelled to wear mittens. :D

I hope this helps... But I don't know if it works for the Vista guy.
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2011
    thank you very much. it solved my problem under windows 7. the steps are
    start button, control panel, hardware, mouse, wheel tab, change the lines at a time (first box) to 1 instead of the default which is 3.

again, thank you,