SD Card Reader 11"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AnthonyCM, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AnthonyCM macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2007
    Question: Is there an SD card reader accessary I can buy for the 11" Air?

In a way, I hope not. I really don't need this computer, but for the past few days I've been itching to do some unnecessary tech. shopping.

2. svenn macrumors 6502

Aug 11, 2010
    I would think any usb card reader would get the job done.
  3. YMark macrumors 6502a

Nov 7, 2008
    +1. The fact that it is for an 11.6" Air is irrelevant.
  4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

Dec 17, 2009
    Folsom, CA
    I have an old SD Card reader that must be 4 years old that works fine with my 11" Air.
  5. gimmi80 macrumors member

Apr 10, 2010
  6. akcarrington, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

akcarrington macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2011
    London and Washington DC
    What a seriously cool adapter, perfect. Here's hoping I don't end up losing it somewhere though! :D
  7. M-5 macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2008
    I've had my 11" MacBook Air for about 2 weeks now, and I purchased this USB SD card reader from Newegg, and it was really inexpensive. ($6.99)

If you search Newegg for USB SD card readers, you can see other ones, going as low as $4.50, but I got this one because it had the best reviews. I've only been able to try it once since I haven't taken many pictures, but it worked perfectly that one time I tried it. :)
  8. Stingray454 macrumors 6502

Sep 22, 2009
    I'd recommend looking at EyeFi cards too ( ).

It's an SD card with built-in wifi. As soon as you're close to a pre-set WiFi network (like your home network) it connects and transfers the images to the computer wirelessly. No need for a card reader at all, or even taking the card out from the camera. Can't comment on how well it works, didn't try it, but looks like a very sweet solution.
  9. inspiredDavid macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2011
    That EyeFi card would be awesome too if it can be attached to an AdHoc network, as long as you had your laptop with you broadcasting the network you would never run out of space on the camera! :cool: