SD Card Reader/Writer for USB 2.0 for PowerMac G5?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ionas, Aug 8, 2004.

1. ionas macrumors regular

I am searching for a SD Card Reader/Writer that uses USB 2.0 and is compatible with my PowerMac G5 (2x2'04).

I got a Digital Camera and a MP3 Player that use SD and those use the slow USB Version USB 1.0/1.1.

I just want to plug the SD Cards out and use put them into a small reader that is connected to my Mac.

I want to pay 30 to 80 EUR (or 25-75 USD).

Anyone knows where I can optain such an item?

Thanks in Advance.
    -- ionas

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

go to any computer or office supply place...they usually run 20-40 usd here. and most usb stuff is plug n play for macs

3. WCat macrumors member

WCat

Yep, that's one of the great things about Macs. Just buy anything and plug it in to your USB port. I'd be REALLY surprised if it didn't work. I've used quite a range of USB SD card readers, also Compact Flash, and even CF Type 2 hard drives. You just plug 'em in, and they mount on your desktop as a new drive. Doesn't really matter how they're formatted--your Mac can read any PC format--FAT, FAT32, and NTFS (read only). Just do it!

Oh, and if you get one that has an install disk required--it's probably just for PC's. I got one recently that made me smile. It had 4 pages of "quick start" guide for installing the driver on a PC. The guide's quick start instructions for a Mac basically said to just plug it in and begin using it.

Cheers,

WCat

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite