SD Card to Ipod transfer?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Betateam, Jan 15, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Do they make a device that will allow me transfer pictures from an SD card right to the Ipod without a computer in between?
    I've found several docking station type things that is an SD card reader as well as an Ipod doc, but it doesn't allow the transfer between the 2. It is just a single device that allows both attach to a computer.

I'm taking a trip and would like to dump my pics to the ipod so I don't have to have a bunch of SD cards around.

2. macrumors newbie

splank

If you find one, let me know, but I've never seen anything that facilitates one data device to another, whether it be SD, USB, memorystick, or iPod 32 pin. If you do find one, more power to ya, but I dont see how you could really transfer the pictures without some sort of computer in between.

3. Guest

calculus

I don't know if it fits your particular circumstances but Apple sell the Apple IPod Camera Connector. Have a look at the Apple Store site.

4. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

There is the Apple iPod Camera Connector (go down to post #7 for link), which connects to your camera via USB. If you find a powered media card reader, you might be able to put an SD card onto it.

5. macrumors 65816

I had on old card transfer device from Belkin for my 4G ipod. Which model are you working with?

6. thread starter macrumors member

I've got a 5G

7. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member