se ibook 366

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gokhan, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

hello i have a ibook 366mhz garphite version and it will not boot up ,it just freezeeses on boot up and a question mark blinks before this happens,

i hav tried installing a copy of os9 but this frezesess as well as os 10 when i enter open firmware mode and type mac boot it comes to a screen with a os symbol that says eroor at 2000 pci or some gobledigook and freezezses again !!!!

however i am waiting for a generic os 9 from apple at a cost of £20 to see what happens

is there anything i can do beforehand, when i phoned apple they told me it would cost £35 for support that still might not cure the problem but the fellow hinted it had something to do with resetting the machine to default.

any help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

here is whats up

Zap your pram. Done by holding Command-Option-P-R at start up till you hear the chime and it restarts twice. Remember you need to keep holding the keys down the whole time. Then let go of the keys after the second reboot, and let the computer boot normally.

Don't understand, read here.
    http://www.macinstruct.com/tutorials/zapwhat/

3. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

done that and i reset the pmu but i just discovered there is no memory in the slots but i figure it should still boot from onboard memory right ??????

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

An iBook only has one slot--did someone remove the factory RAM?

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

My ibook 300 has 32 mb of ram built in & can have up to 256 in the slot. (you may need to do a firmware update to take the 256 chips) osx (10.3) need 128mb min ram, not sure what os 9 needs

6. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

i thought the memory was on board and the slot was left empty for upgrade could this be the answer to my problems ??????

there is no memory in the slot zilic