SE k750i - California Cingular quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Obsidian6, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

I am seriously considering replacing my Razr v3 with this phone, but the only thing that has me somewhat worried is the tri-band, and the fact that there is no 850mhz band. Cingular uses 850/1900 ( i think ) in california, but 850 is the most used. would i get spotty or no reception if i were to use this phone in southern california on cingular?

i just like the quality of camera on it, and the fact that it syncs so well with mac.

2. Nikore macrumors newbie

It depends on where in Southern Calf, in Yorba Linda/Anaheim/Corona I use to have a k750 and would get really spoty respetion but in SD or downtown LA I get grate repestion.

3. dav macrumors 6502

W810i

Basically the same phone, except Quadband.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

exactly! With the k750i you can bet your reception wouldn't be worth a damn. I am in the Irvine area and reception with that phone was nearly 2 bars at the most. On the way to my parents, it was awesome, they're in LA county.

5. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yeah i live down in the murrieta/temecula area, but i work over in Santa Ana.

guess this one wont work for me :) i really was hoping to not have to pay several hundred dollars for a phone though...

6. Obsidian6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

what about the - Samsung SGH-D820? appears to be pretty nice, plus it is quad band