seagate momentus - “hanging over” the interface connector issue?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iskandar73, Jan 11, 2004.

1. iskandar73 macrumors newbie

hi,
    i am looking at the seagate momentus 40 gb harddrive to replace the original toshiba in my ibook (late 2001) and found this on the web

"When trying to install the drive into the appropriate bay of the Toshiba notebook we found we couldn’t do it with the standard metallic adapter. It’s because the upper part of the drive’s case is made “hanging over” the interface connector. (...). In the case of the Momentus, this shoulder pushed the case above the pins. So, we had to install the drive without the adapter. You may want to pay attention to this if choosing a new Seagate drive for manual installation into your notebook. "
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/seagate-momentus_5.html

since i haven't ordered the seagate yet and did not dare to screw open the iBook to take closer look. can anyone confirm if this is also a problem with the ibook? thanx

Attached Files:

2. ricks macrumors newbie

_I just installed a Momentus in an iBook this weekend for a customer. It will fit just fine. There were no dimensional incompatibilities at all.

Rick
    MacGurus.com

3. iskandar73 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks ricks,

i got the disc installed to day and could see that there is no reason to worry. it is working fine.

thanx again for answering
    iskan

4. ricks macrumors newbie

My pleasure. I was just late to the party was all. Glad you got it up and running.

Rick