Sean Hannity and Factual Accuracy, Fair and Balanced.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Xtremehkr, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link

con'td.

2. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I often wondered why talking to Bush supporters was like talking to people who are coming from an alternate version of the US. I guess it all depends on where you get your news.

3. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Ok folks, Bush supporters, those who support values etc. Is this moral?

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The FCC doesn't seem to be concerned about this kind of thing poisoning the minds of Americans.

But boy, let an actress drop a towel.... :mad:

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

I saw Ann Coulter yesterday accuse democrats of being racist because they don't support Candoleeza Rice. It's nuts.

All I can think of is that the current red strategy know is to just make up stuff they want to be true and say it. I personally think this is their reasoning:

- If you're an informed viewer, then you wouldn't support them anyway
    - if you're not an informed viewer, then maybe you'll believe them
    - If you're a semi-informed viewer (like most of us are if you're not up on an issue) and were initialy opposed to their position, now maybe you're not so sure

I think this is why O'Reilly is popular, because he does try to limit the factual inaccuracies (albeit from a right of center perspective) And Tim Russert too from a slightly left of center. They're actually my two faves.

6. kilpajr macrumors regular

I do think Bush inherited the recession. Since Bush took power in January of 2001, how could he possibly create a recession in 2 months?

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He neither created it nor inherited it. The other excuse the administration makes for the poor performance of the economy was 9-11, but in fact the recession was over at the end of the second quarter of 2001. Quite possibly after four years of net job losses and wage stagnation, we should be able to ask whether the Bush administration has been good steward of the economy without having to account for what people like Sean Hannity want us to believe.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

that recession "officially" ended in november 2001. so bush is lording over everything that's happened since.

9. tristan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, whatever bush did or didn't inherit, that was 4 yrs ago, and the economy still pretty medioocre. That is, unless you happen to own an oil well. :)