searching capabilities for lyrics, iTunes 5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atakordie, Sep 7, 2005.

1. atakordie macrumors member

There is a new tab in "get info" that allows you to save lyrics to mp3's. Before I use up too much of my time, do any of you know if these lyrics are searchable in iTunes 5? I'm assuming they will be found by spotlight.

Aside from no more brushed metal, I love the new version :)

2. shidoshi macrumors regular

You could just give it a try, add something to the lyrics of a song, and see if it works.

PS - It doesn't, I just tried. Neither iTunes nor Spotlight pick up on song lyrics entered via iTunes.

3. atakordie thread starter macrumors member

Wow, shidoshi, thanks for the trouble. That really sucks though that spotlight cant find it. I was looking forward to hours of copying and pasting ;) so that I could find whatever song was stuck in my head, since I can't remember all the titles to my fairly large library.

4. winski macrumors newbie

Followup on lyrics

If you want to load lyrics automatically, download PearLyrics. If you have it running at the same time that iTunes is, it will pick up the lyrics for whatever song is playing in iTunes at the time. There is a checkbox to have those lyrics automatically loaded into iTunes.

You can turn on iTunes & PearLyrics at night and just have your whole library loaded up! I'm sure it's only a matter of time before either Apple or a third party comes up with a way for lyrics to get indexed for Spotlight. Start loading now!