searching for a newsreader match my description

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SLJ, Aug 25, 2004.

1. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

" NewsBin Pro is a Fast and Smart Usenet Robot that downloads and decodes binary file attachments to Usenet posts. NewsBin saves you time by using multiple connections to maximize your available bandwidth and by automatically combining multipart binary posts to create one file. NewsBin is a smart robot because it will detect duplicate files, allows filtering of files by newsgroup, and can be configured to automatically scan your newsgroups 24x7 for your favorite files. "

I am looking for a mac newsreader that is very similar to the descritpion above... thank for everyone's help! :) :) :) :D

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Unison

I think this may be what you're looking for:
    http://panic.com/unison/

It won an Apple Design Award. I was pretty impressed with it.

Lee Tom

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If you're comfortable with Fink, Pan is also a very capable leeching program.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Yep, Unison (linked above) is pretty much the only worthwhile option at this point. To its credit, it's also a very well-designed program, and uses a creative interface to make finding stuff easy.

I'd be using it, except I'm a diehard Thoth user; Thoth is a spectacular binary-focused newsreader, but sadly the developer discontinued it completely, so there's no way to get a working copy now.

5. SLJ thread starter macrumors regular

SLJ

:D :D :D :D :D :D

thank for all you guys help...

i think is similar to what i am looking for, now i have to get the full version... lol