Searching Forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by eva01, Feb 13, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

hmm this has been happening more and more lately. but right now i can't search at all on this site via vbulletin. Not in Safari nor Camino. However on all other vB sites i am part of including my own, search works perfectly fine.

Have you removed search when the server load is at a certain point or something else?

all i wanted to do was find the new apple stores thread so i could post an email i got from apple about the new hingham apple store opening up on the 18th. Which of course i am going to

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

see i couldn't search for that or i would have posted there T_T

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I couldn't search for it either. It's not working for me at the moment, I just knew where to look. :D

I've been trying to find your Apple Stores thread but to no avail, sorry. :eek:

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Working just fine for me, and has for the last half hour or so. Also when using my home made Firefox search engines... :)

Edit: Seems to some kind of trouble with the search term "apple store" and in particular "apple", because that seems to crash the search engine, probably because of some sort of overload... all other searches works fine... :confused:

Edit: Searching for "hingham", in stead, gave results really quick: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=50160&highlight=hingham :)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that's what I'm finding too. :confused:

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

hmmm

dunno... maybe it has to do with the size of the search index. I'll have to look into it.

eva01 - do you find it works if you use a different term? A less popular one, for example... like "paper" ?

arn

8. aspro macrumors 6502

Mine doesn't work when I search for 'apple logo font', but 'logo font' works fine.

9. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

bingo. Apple doesn't work but less popular words do work i tried paper and it worked.