Seattle: fun things to do for new years?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jxyama, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

any help from the natives will be appreciated...

i'll be in seattle for new years... what are some of the fun things i could do? will the space needle be open overnight? any restaurants or clubs having special new years deals?

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not exactly helpful, but I am going to Vancouver BC for New Years (from Portland OR) and Seattle is on the way. We could pick you up and party Canadian Style (ie lots of alcohol, younger women and the metric system).

Seriously, what kind of thing do you want to do? What is your age (approx) and/or interests. Not that it makes that much difference on the night in question...

3. jxyama thread starter macrumors 68040

jxyama

thanks for the info. well, i have company... and she can't go to canada (for visa reasons...), so i guess that's out. we are, however, going to portland for christmas. (no sales tax christmas shopping. :cool: )

i'm considering going to mt. rainier...

anyone ever been there during winter?

4. apple2991 macrumors 6502

yes and the cold killed me.

5. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

hey blackfox what are you doing up here for new years? i haven't decided what to do yet....

there are some college pub crawls but those are usually really lame...

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I actually moved out to Seattle recently, and am looking for some good things to do on New Years too. Seattle's a decent town if your 21 (which I'm not until a couple days after new years) and I've heard lots of clubs will be open throwing parties. You can hit me up on AIM if you've got any questions that I might be able to help with.

BEN

(AIM:saabmp3)

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Haven't decided as of yet. A friend of mine lives downtown (burrard) and we may hook up with her to get the inside track.

I am sure for a little bit of the time we will be at Doolans (sp?) on Granville, as I like Irish Bars and the International crowd. Nothing like getting pissed with the Aussies.

I will probably be there for a couple of days, as it is also my birthday on Jan 2nd, so there is plenty of time for variety.

Feel free to PM me.

8. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Theres space all around the Space Needle to view the fireworks. They usally have about a 5 to 10 block radious cleared (pretty much all of the Seattle Center) but you can go up to the top of the space needle. It houses a big swanky party thats like $1000 a ticket. It might be less then that but not by much. I never much saw the point of that anyway seeing that they shoot them off there and I'm guessing you wont see much besides smoke and flashes.

One of the best views is just aobut anywhere downtown around the space needle. Its pretty big so you can go pretty far and not miss the fireworks. I know a quite a few people though that go to Gas Works park in Fremont to view the fireworks. Gas Works is better for the 4th but people still go there to view them and have a good time.

Take a coat. :p

Edit: K, I looked it up and its $225 to go up to the space needle. I thought it was way more than that.

9. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    If you want to watch the fireworks go to Kerry Park (W Highland Dr and 2nd Ave W). Best view of the space needle you'll find unless you go on top of an apartment, which is what I used to do when I lived in Queen Anne. Anyway, this picture is the view of the needle from Kerry Park.

Attached Files:

10. jxyama thread starter macrumors 68040

jxyama

excellent view! gonna remember your suggestion... thanks. :cool: