Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by blesav, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 65816

ifoAppleStore and Apple.com posted the following info..

Bellevue Square is gonna be packed.

3. macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

minik: So glad you found that, horrible timing for renovations...the store looks exactly like every other apple store, wonder what the problem is.

I guess I will be in Bellevue, Lynnwood is just too far away.

4. macrumors 65816

oh yea... I remembered that I waited in-line for Panther (10.3) at the U. Village store, it was fun. I went to the Bellevue Square store for the Tiger launch, not much room outside the store and regular shoppers were pondering what's going on (similar to the iPhone launch).

Bad timing.. yes.. but better done the remodeling before the holiday shopping season.

5. macrumors member

ZrSiO4-Zircon

Hmm.. I already have mine preordered from the online store.
    Maybe my dad will want a copy :p
    Even if he doesn't, I'll probably go to the line-up anyway cuz I'm sure it'll be fun :)
    Bellevue Square it is, I'm already there enough anyway.

6. macrumors regular

Personally I'm probably going to the Southcenter one. That mall is a giant construction zone + no food court at the moment = less crowds (hopefully). Bellevue is just way to busy for me and Alderwood is just too far.

7. macrumors member

ZrSiO4-Zircon

Are we too close to Redmond to have a huge group on Macrumors in this area? haha, I kid. Pretty excited about Leopard though.

8. Moderator emeritus

sushi

Definitely.

The holiday shopping season will be much bigger than just the sales of Leopard.

9. macrumors newbie

You can all go to the U-Bookstore on the ave!
    Also, if you are a UW student, they are offering leopard at $69 only!

10. macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Are they releasing it on Friday night?!?
    UW students...grrr...GO COUGS! ;)

11. macrumors 65816

YEA! Go COUGS!

Looks like I won't be leaving my office till 5PM... stupid training! I plan to take the Seattle waterfront bus and then Sound Transit Express 550 to Bellevue Square. Tight timing, hopefully I can still get a free T-shirt.

12. macrumors newbie

Mechnoch

Seattle Mac Store in the U district

The Seattle Mac Store (Seattle's largest independent Mac retailer) will be having a Leopard release party starting at 6pm. Since the U-village store sounds like it's going to be closed, this is the best place to go in Seattle. (There may also be an unofficial after-party across the street at the Fusion Ultra Lounge.)

http://www.seattlemacstore.com
    WTF?

More Info:
    The Mac Store Leopard Insider - 10/22/07

13. macrumors 65816

^^
    Is that an ad?

I got the same email from The Mac Store anyway.

14. macrumors newbie

Mechnoch

The specials were indeed excerpted from the email The Mac Store sent out. Thought it might be helpful for those that are preparing to upgrade their machines.

15. macrumors 65816

Sure... Interestingly, my boss' boss just forward the same 'Mac Store Leopard Insider' email to the tech people here.

16. macrumors 6502

Anything in Bellingham to go to? I'm up here for college and can't head home to Bellevue that weekend...

17. macrumors newbie

Mechnoch

I'm assuming the U Village Apple store remodel has something to do with the recent burglary.
    Still, the timing is odd given the hype and promotion that Apple is giving Leopard. Why not delay the remodel for a week?
    At least the University Bookstore Technology Center, and the Seattle Mac Store are not far away.

18. macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Yea, I read that in the papers today. Only thing stopping me from going to those stores is the free t-shirt.

19. macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I am hoping that the University Bookstore people have a good enough connection with apple that they will get some tee shirts also.

As for EDU discounts, you can get them at the apple brick and mortar stores also, just bring you ID and let them know before they ring you up.

20. macrumors member

In the past, the EDU discount hasn't been available for the OS in the brick and mortar stores. That's the way it was for Panther and when Tiger first came out, but it may have changed recently. Even if they are offering the discount at the brick and mortar Apple stores it will be $116. If you're a UW student or staff member, you'll only pay $69 at the U. Bookstore.

21. macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I ordered online - should be here tomorrow in the AM, so I don't have to schlep somewhere to pick up a copy. I wonder if they'll send a nice t-shirt with the order....

22. macrumors regular

I don't think they will. Those are for retail stores only.

And FYI, I will be at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, giving out the free shirts from FastMac (I volunteered.) :D

I am expecting to get this design but I don't know for sure.

[​IMG]

23. macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I'm in Bellingham as well. You might check out TD Curran on the Guide Meridian, its an Apple Authorized Reseller. Its just a little before the turn for Walmart. You'll see it on the right side, if heading north.

I ordered mine on Monday from the online Apple store... after the deliver exception it says its on the truck, out for delivery :D

24. macrumors member

LiquidSpikes

I will be at the Lynnwood Apple store.

YAY I cant wait!

this will be my first apple launch event.:D

25. macrumors 6502

I'm going to be at the Alderwood Mall as well... still trying to decide when I'm going to show up though.