Second College Orientation

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, Aug 4, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    Well, I got my second college orientation on monday... this one however is more for "meeting and greeting other students" and stuff... they also want us to check out the various clubs on campus and what not... you guys got any good advice for breakin' the ice with these new college freshy's? at my last orientation i met few "interesting" people i guess you could say...
  2. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    When you move in leave your door open, wide open. I met my bestfriend in college because his roommate was lame, he lived next door and would just pop his head in to see if we minded if he chilled in their, after a while we told him to stop asking and just hang out. Best drinking, partying, and friend i made in college.
  3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    yeah i see what you mean, though im not dorming for at least the first year... i have heard it is "crucial" but is it really? i dunno.. i just don't see myself living with 3 other people i prolly have no connection with at first.. talk about a real reality show! in any even i rather get my own place near the college eventually.. :eek:
  4. stridey macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2005
    Massachusetts, Connecticut
    Well, I think having roomates freshman year is important, if only because you *don't* get along with your roomates. It gives you incentive to leave your room and meet people. If I were in a single my first year, it would have been the internet 24/7. Instead I had roomates and had to vacate to get away from them. Now I have friends and a single and it's internet 9/7. :D