Second Life Beta For Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by GovornorPhatt, Dec 30, 2003.

1. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

The massive online multiplayer game Second Life is curently availaible for public beta testing for mac os x 10.3 Panther. Visit www.secondlife.com for more about the game and to sign up for a free 7 day trial.

The beta is somewhat buggy, but the game is great. Everything is created by the users. It is scripted, modeled, and textured by the users. It's a great game for 3d, photoshop, and programing pros and newbies alike.

See you in Second Life!

Note: If you sign up, make sure to say that you were refered!

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Hmm, looks interesting. I'd give it a shot if it wasn't for the fact that I'm held back by my 7500. Oh well. No biggie.

3. GovornorPhatt thread starter macrumors regular

Sign up for a free 7 day trial. If you sign up, I will receive L3000$ in the game's play money, not real cash. I use it to make SL a better and more fun place. See you in Second Life!

4. K4NN4B15 macrumors member

this wont run in jaguar? I am a graphic artist~

5. GovornorPhatt thread starter macrumors regular

From www.Secondlife.com,

Mac OS X Requirements:
    •Graphics Card: GeForce 2 or better, ATI Radeon 8500 or better

•Computer: 1 GHZ G4 or better, 512 MB of RAM

•Internet Connection: Broadband (DSL/Cable Modem/LAN)

6. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

Huh... A newbie (shush, anyone who points out my newness!) that wants people to sign up for a game and list him as a referrer.

So, what's in it for you, Phatt? What kind of bonus do you get for everyone who puts your handle down?

7. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

L3000$
    That's a big Phatt bonus. I'll sign up as soon as I get Panther. (Next weekend?)

Squire

8. GovornorPhatt thread starter macrumors regular

For one, the game needs more players. There's just not enough players on at once. The bounus is in play money, and I will probably use it to buy someone new to the game a VW Beete. This game is a BETA, so it might be a little crash prone. I also held my first event of mac users in game and we decided tha† it would be nice to see more mac users. See you in SL!

P.S. Govorer Phatt is a obese politician from Monkey Island 2, a LucasArts game from the early 90's.