Second Life

Discussion in 'Games' started by joecool85, Dec 4, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Anyone play it? Have any tricks for speeding up gameplay? My Power Mac handles it just fine, but my PB doesn't really enjoy the experience lol.

2. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

No one else huh? You guys should try it, its pretty neat.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I've messed around with it a few times, and while it looks good, I guess that it is not really my thing. I just wanted to explore in private, but people kept tyring to talk to me, so I spent much of my time running away from them. :eek:

Might have to give it another go though, because it seems like a pretty cool idea.

5. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Just start flying, its hard for people to follow you that way.

6. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Is it free to use, as in you don't need to give CC details to register or use?

Also do you think it would run on a 1.42ghz mini, 512mb?

7. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

It should run ok on that, assuming you aren't on dialup. Bandwidth as a big thing with this game. The 32mb card might slow you down some, but my powerbook does it with 32mb (it isn't pretty though).

It is totally free to sign up for the basic account (which is what I have), but you do need a PayPal of CC to verify your account. I think they do that to keep little kids off from it. I've had my account for a couple weeks with no charges, and I know people that have been on it for way longer with no problems.

8. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Tried it last night for about 20mins and only got as far as the help island. Pretty cool actually, going to be looking at it again tonight.

Ran a bit slow on my Mac Mini but tried it on my XP box (usually only use for Money) and runs like a dream.

Looks good though, have to wait for my Intel Powerbook to play it on a Mac :)

9. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Its probably your 32mb vid card slowing things down. Thats what my PB has and its a little lackluster. If you want to meet up on SL sometime, PM me or something and we can do it up.