Second season of 24 wrapping up in 4 episodes

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Apr 22, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

what do you think is going to happen?

who do you think is the "bad guy" in all this and what is his motive?

i haven't a clue since i came in mid-season

thoughts?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'm nto sure that there will be a new bad guy. I think the president will finally realize mike is a threat and so is Sherry. I also think that Chapelle might be a part of this scandal and Gary Matheson fits in somewhere.

3. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I dunno, but any show that features a nuclear explosion gets props from me. That is one audacious script :eek:

I think more shows should have crazy finales. X-files was OK, but I was really hoping for them to show an all-out alien invasion rather than just hinting that it was about to finally hapen. I'm hoping the Sopranos ends in a hail of bullets. I mean, the show's going to end anyway, right? May as well go out in style...

4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i haven't been home to see last nights episode yet, but it's by far the best thing on telly. i rented season one on dvd from netflix, boy, no one saw me for ages! was glued to it. and the nuclear explosion was cool, i was expecting one towards the end, but to have it in the middle of the series was great.

any one know if there's going to be a season three??????

oh, and how about Kim Bauer? gorgeous. :D

5. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i am new to 24, so who are these people?

so far all i can recognize is jack, his daughter, the president, kate, and tony almeida:)

6. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Fox renewed 24 for next year, so there will be a season 3.

Kim is AWFUL. Sure she looks nice, but the plot just dies when she's on and NO ONE can be so incompetent as to be ABDUCTED ON AN HOURLY BASIS. She pulled the same crap in season 1. The best evidence that there is a God is that she has been absent for two consecutive episodes. Get rid of her!

My only other complaint is the fact that the writers seem to rely on our instinct to think that more time is passing than really is, given the "minute by minute" format of the show. Jack was dead at the beginning of last night's episode. Dead! and we're expected to believe that 10 minutes later he can be running around killing people? On no sleep?

Aside from those gripes, I REALLY do enjoy the show. It's the only "drama" show I watch (and with the simpsons and father ted, the only non-news, non-sports shows I watch)

Who's bad? We still need to see the return of Nina. Sheri Palmer, too (although I'm arfraid that she may turn into some sort of White Knight. God I hope not, I hate her too much.)

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Hes jack bauer he can do that .... duh....its like how in the first episde michelee was onthe helicopter like one minute and the next she was back in her desk at CTU.

8. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Jef...

I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that you may watch as much TV as I do! :D

Unfortunately, I don't watch 24. I've seen a few episodes and thinks it's very cool.

Fortunately, I watch Smallville. And that kicks even more @$$ in my opinion. Heh! :D

9. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

ah!

24 is absolutely my favorite show on TV. I post my thoughts about each episode on my web journal (dalqe.com), but here's where I think things are going in a nutshell:

Carrie is going to do something big to compromise CTU (or just Tony) as a way of getting back at Michelle.

With any luck, Kim (AKA The Dumbest Human Being Ever) will die. Where has she been for the past two hours, anyway?

Palmer will get overthrown, but will do something witty to save the day anyway.

Jack will find at least one more excuse to remove his shirt.

We will find out that the Big Bad Guy is... tada... Mrs. Palmer! (She and Nina are having a lesbian affair, didn't ya know? :D)

Hehe... I'm only half joking. I really don't think we've seen the last of Lady MacPalmer or of Nina. I hope. :)

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Re: ah!

actually kim is doing a guest spot on SmallVille for these two weeks but she wil lbe bakc next week. I thought this weeks episode was the best of the month easily a little bit better to not have kim there. I mean so long as we get our dumb blonde quota in Kate.

11. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: Re: ah!

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Is it possible that Jack, despite being brilliant, could both spawn and fall in love with idiots? :D

12. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

Foxer...Father Ted eh? ahh feck orf! haha, great show.

GeneR...yeah Smallville's a great show too, but not as kickassy as 24.

Kim does tend to get kidnapped a lot doesn't she? but hey, she's damn hot so I ain't complaining if she's in it ;) I think she provides a nice rest from the other mayhem in the show, a bit of a breather if you will.

ohhhh, and Sherri Palmer, I don't think I've ever hated anyone as much as I do her. Ever. But what a great actress though.

And why can't David Palmer be President for real???? I'd vote for him over Bush in a heartbeat!!!! :)

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

ok even within the show i could point out factions that would not vote for Palmer as a hypotetical president. Look at those hicks that robbed usef and kate do you really think they would support an afican american in south. i bet some of them fear retiliation.

14. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i could see a pattern now that is pointing to who the bad guys are

i don't think the vice president is wanting to take over for power for the sake of just being president...he is doing what he thinks is right...the president stepped over the line in a few places to get to the truth

i think some american oil tycoons along with a few cabinet members and the nsa director are in a conspiracy to start a war in the middle east to boost the price of oil

15. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

{in my best Paulie Walnuts impression}

ohhhhhhh

what an episode. it's getting close, everything is going to get wrapped up real quick, i can't believe there's now only 3 episodes left!

and what about Kate n Jack!?!?? awwwww, so sweet. :p

i still have trouble getting over the fact that America is now being run by "Jim Robinson" from that (one time) great Aussie soap "Neighbours" (which, for all you folks here in the U.S. is where Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce (of Memento fame) broke into the big time...... :D

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Did anyone purchase the DVD set for the 1st season of 24?

17. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I have it wd, its great content because i love the show but the DVD isn't exactly feature packed, no 5.1, no chapters and no extras