Second Smart Cover.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Crosbie, Apr 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    So I got a leather smart cover for the same price as a polyurethane one - cheers Tesco. But I was planning on getting the grey one originally. And so I found myself very nearly buying the grey one as well today.

I didn't go through with it. What on earth would I need two smart covers for?

Answers below please.
  2. macrumors 68020

Oct 18, 2009
    Belfast, Ireland
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2011
  4. macrumors 65816

Mar 24, 2011
  5. macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2009
    You need a second one for when the first one is in the wash. :D

You can coordinate your iPad with your outfit for the day. I always like to have my accessories match my dress, multiple iPad covers will be needed. Basic black for formal, brown or navy to match my shoes. A nice bright , cheery poly cover color for weekends. Gray for every day office work. :)
  6. macrumors 6502

Feb 4, 2008
    I just picked up a green one from Best Buy for $20 open box. As good as new and when I get bored of looking at the grey I can just switch it out. :)
  7. macrumors newbie

Mar 17, 2011
    That is what I did too. 2 poly smart covers - grey & orange.

Grey is a nice neutral cover that works with everything, when I get bored with it, I switch to the orange to brighten things up.:D
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2011
    Where did you find leather for the same price as poly?

I want oine! :)
  9. macrumors 68020

Mar 24, 2010
    I guess you can use one primarily as a bed side stand?
  10. macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2007
    Canada EH!!!
  11. macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010
    Okay. Apple is sending me red smart cover for free and I picked green smart cover from best buy open item for 25 dollars. I have no idea how someone else got it for 20 dollars, but don't think I did too bad.
  12. macrumors regular

May 10, 2010
    Originally, I said "Hell no" to the smart covers lol, but after buying my blue one, I think they're not so bad. I've basically decided on going with the smart cover-enabled Incipio Feather when its released. I always use my iPad with just a back cover around the house, and the smart cover works great at work. I also have the Targus Hughes carrying case, which I got for $29 at BB and love. So knowing I am sticking with this setup, I may end up buying a 2nd black leather smart cover for work.
  13. macrumors member

Feb 27, 2011
    I ended up doing the same thing. I bought 3 smart covers (red, navy and blue). The Targus Hughes carrying case is a very professional looking carrying case. At $29.00 it is a very good value.
  14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Anyone own both poly and leather covers? Any significant difference that motivates your choice of which to put on?

I fear that the tan leather one will pick up dirt and won't like getting wet at all. I'm guessing the poly ones are more water-resistant and cleanable.