Second Smart Cover.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Crosbie, Apr 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

So I got a leather smart cover for the same price as a polyurethane one - cheers Tesco. But I was planning on getting the grey one originally. And so I found myself very nearly buying the grey one as well today.

I didn't go through with it. What on earth would I need two smart covers for?

Answers below please.

2. macrumors 68020

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 65816

iApples

5. macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

You need a second one for when the first one is in the wash. :D

You can coordinate your iPad with your outfit for the day. I always like to have my accessories match my dress, multiple iPad covers will be needed. Basic black for formal, brown or navy to match my shoes. A nice bright , cheery poly cover color for weekends. Gray for every day office work. :)

6. macrumors 6502

I just picked up a green one from Best Buy for $20 open box. As good as new and when I get bored of looking at the grey I can just switch it out. :)

7. macrumors newbie

That is what I did too. 2 poly smart covers - grey & orange.

Grey is a nice neutral cover that works with everything, when I get bored with it, I switch to the orange to brighten things up.:D

8. macrumors 6502a

Where did you find leather for the same price as poly?

I want oine! :)

9. macrumors 68020

I guess you can use one primarily as a bed side stand?

10. macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

11. macrumors 68030

Okay. Apple is sending me red smart cover for free and I picked green smart cover from best buy open item for 25 dollars. I have no idea how someone else got it for 20 dollars, but don't think I did too bad.

12. macrumors regular

Originally, I said "Hell no" to the smart covers lol, but after buying my blue one, I think they're not so bad. I've basically decided on going with the smart cover-enabled Incipio Feather when its released. I always use my iPad with just a back cover around the house, and the smart cover works great at work. I also have the Targus Hughes carrying case, which I got for $29 at BB and love. So knowing I am sticking with this setup, I may end up buying a 2nd black leather smart cover for work.

13. macrumors member

I ended up doing the same thing. I bought 3 smart covers (red, navy and blue). The Targus Hughes carrying case is a very professional looking carrying case. At $29.00 it is a very good value.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Anyone own both poly and leather covers? Any significant difference that motivates your choice of which to put on?

I fear that the tan leather one will pick up dirt and won't like getting wet at all. I'm guessing the poly ones are more water-resistant and cleanable.