Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are now available for purchase in Taiwan, marking the start of the second wave iPhone launch. Beginning October 9, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus availability is expanding to more than 40 countries, the bulk of which are in Europe. In each country, Apple retail stores, Apple Authorized Resellers, and local carriers will begin offering the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus as retail locations begin opening in the morning.

A full list of countries where the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will be available as October 9 rolls around is below:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan

Locations in Taiwan recently began selling the new iPhones, with some customers that having waited in line for more than 60 hours to get one of the first available phones in the country (via TechBang).

iphone6slinetaiwan-800x451.jpg
Customers line up for the iPhone 6s in Taiwan, via TechBang

In several of the countries where the iPhone 6s launch is still a few hours off, customers are already lining up. In Copenhagen and Sweden, customers are waiting outside Telia stores to get an iPhone. In Russia, customers have the option to get their iPhone 6s and 6s Plus devices delivered via taxi, and in Italy, customers are waiting in line at the Apple Store in Campi Bizenzio as a fundraiser for a pediatric hospital.

#iPhone6s launch queue in Copenhagen. Photo taken with my iPhone 6s today... 😐📱🇩🇰 pic.twitter.com/eRA7blYZDO - *o?h?am?o???????h?o* (@Sham_WRcH) October 8, 2015

Following today's launch, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus availability will also be expanding to additional countries as part of additional waves set to take place in subsequent weeks.

- October 10: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates
- October 15: Israel
- October 16: India, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Montenegro, South Africa, and Turkey
- October 23: Belarus, Guam, Moldova, Serbia, South Korea, and Ukraine

In a recent press release announcing opening weekend iPhone 6s and 6s Plus sales of more than 13 million, Apple said the company will bring the new iPhones to more than 130 countries by the end of the year.

Article Link: Second Wave iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Launch Kicks Off in 40 Countries Around the World

wyarp

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Seriously, I can't understand the reason of waiting hours to get one....
Huge Apple fan here, but you can just wait a couple of weeks, walk into the store and take one.

I pre-ordered mine and got it delivered on the launch day morning.

ParisNK

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2015
Denmark
Huge Apple fan here, but you can just wait a couple of weeks, walk into the store and take one.

i have preorderet from our telecompany in Denmark, i wating on opeing day's preordre for one week a go, after 15min i have preorderet 2 iPhone's. and her to morning its delivering, :p so i'm lucky.

i can see telecompanys here in denmark have delivery problems, sombardy have estimete delivery day after 19 Okt. and its first to day you can get it from store's.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I pre-ordered 29th of September with TMobile in the Netherlands. It had a rocky start with screw up on their end. I was very early with my order and its' confirmation. It's the 9th, not a word except the confirmation "Status: Pending apple Stock", before they even ship it. I went to the TMobile store in my town (dead beat town) and they had no phones there, their biggest attention was get 75 or 175 back on Samsung phones (Guess they don't sell so well) and 4G on iPhone 6. I was hoping since it would be a miracle anybody in my town would even know about the 6splus release, that I could go in early and just pick it up. But no, nothing in the store, and they guy said "your order is already in the system, I can't get in between that - even if I had a model in the store". I kindly let him know I can just cancel the online order and he can sell me the one in the store if he had any. He tried a staring contest.

If it was up to me, I would just pay 75 a month for Apple to get Apple-4G as telecom, and refresh my phone yearly. Because this is just a frustrating experience with TMobile, their competition isn't any better though. Nobody here is buying them, and yet they're not in-store, or available. Everything is "out of stock" or "2 to 4 week wait", with no info available. But.. nobody is buying. Oh well, I am sure it eventually turns up, and since I can't afford paying 1000 euro outright in one go, I will be stuck to the 24 months and my next phone will be the 7s.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Line was fun last night in Mexico. Gotta admit though that 3D Touch did not impress me that much, am I dying?

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Line was fun last night in Mexico. Gotta admit though that 3D Touch did not impress me that much, am I dying?
I like how it's the first step towards an post-application world where we can focus on the features that we want, rather than the app itself.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I did receive my Rose Gold iPhone 6s 64 GB last night around 1:30 AM, thanks to the night delivery of Typhone.nl (Netherlands). :p

Haven't been able to actually set it up though, because it was getting so darn late I decided to go to bed. And currently I'm at work. Will have to wait for another hour to 1,5 hours. xD

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

My MO since I bought my first iPhone and all Apple all the time (Except for what they don't do well)

Wait until there is plenty of supply.

Nobody is going to die by not having the latest iPhone.

Reactions: Max(IT)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
My MO since I bought my first iPhone and all Apple all the time (Except for what they don't do well)

Wait until there is plenty of supply.

Nobody is going to die by not having the latest iPhone.
I usually prefer to wait a couple of months to let them address any issue (if any)

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Pre-order to get it first! clicks right away .. waits, .. nothing. Cries. I wish some things were more 'american' in the Netherlands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.